- To promote scientifically sound health economics research and its application in health.
- To introduce and expand medical educational activities in the field of health economics for, medical officer, nurses and all support staff who are involved and has interest in health economics.
- To organize seminars, courses, conferences and other events pertaining to management practice and health policy.
- To conduct studies and research in the field of health economics.
- To provide methodological expertise and research infrastructure to support such research
- To provide opportunities for collaborative research which act as a forum to share experiences and research findings
- To disseminate research findings, translate and incorporate research findings into management practice and health policy.
- To be an international excellence center for health economics education, training, consultancy and innovations.
- To prepare and publish scientific papers, journals and other publications, with prior approval from relevant authority concerned